09 March 2011

My Very Own Kit

Can I show you a layout I haven't even posted to a gallery yet? It's made with a kit with the totally boring name "Bookshelf" - but the exciting thing is that I made the kit! First ever. I joined a designing contest at Brownie Scraps in order to basically force myself to learn more about how to use my scrapbooking program(s). It's a little overwhelming for me (the 'minis' we're being asked to do are way bigger than the 'minis' asked-for in another contest I've been following!), but I did learn a few things last week putting the kit together. So, success! The layout I made from the kit is my favorite thing about it so far, though! Here she is:


I used a few elements from the Skraphappens CU grabbag, and a great tutorial I found on making a plaid from a photo (tho not this one :) ). (That grab bag is a Charity kit, by the way - check it out!)

Happy to know a little about re-coloring, creating a palette and creating a plaid from a photo now -- but I want to figure out making my own designs, too. What I'm really missing are Jewish kit themes - always know in my head what I need for a layout, but rarely find the kit for it. I mean, how has no one hooked me up with a "Hebrew School" kit yet?? Seriously? But I don't think tooo much of that is out there yet. Maybe I'll have to check in on Barb Speck and see what she's been up to lately!

3 comments:

Dana's Footprint Digital Design said...

Looks good Lynn Anne!

Unknown said...

Lynn Anne....love that LO!! Can't wait to see more of your designs!!

Doing a contribution for the ADSD blog train perhaps?????

Angela Toucan said...

Hi Lynn
I love to get kit design requests. So please feel free to send me some suggestions for you.

you will find my email address in the documentation that came with the Purim Blogwear.